I reuse my screens constantly and by doing that I have to clean them between jobs. I use envirostrip to clean my screens at home. It’s environmentally safe and safe for home use. I buy from Anthem Screen Printing, but you may be able to find this somewhere else. https://www.anthemprintingsf.com/EnviroStrip-Emulsion-Remover-p/cci-es-qrt.htm
Here’s a quick video to show how I clean out my screens.
I’ve used this emulsion and it works with this emulsion remover:
These are the steps I take to clean out the emulsion from my screens.
- Wet screen on both sides
- Apply a small amount of emulsion remover
- Scrub screen gently with a soft scrub pad until all emulsion seems to be softened
- Rinse out screen with hose
- If not all emulsion is removed apply a little more emulsion remover
- Rinse again
- If emulsion still remains in spots, use a pressure washer to clear out stubborn spots. Be careful with this step as you may damage your screen.
- Finish cleaning screen with degreaser so it’s ready for the next time you want to burn a new screen.
- Set out to air dry or place in front of a box fan to dry faster.
Best of luck and happy printing!